Monday, December 5, 2011

MANIFESTO!?

i have always thoroughly enjoyed baking. and, being raised in a household where my mother baked everything from scratch, i’ve been conditioned to believe that anything out of a box or a magical powder or a tube is 100% sub-par. i will always remember the first time i baked chocolate chip cookies from scratch at my first house away from my parents, and my roommate at the time was astonished, as if i had accomplished a lunar landing

for a long time, i was unable to fully indulge in my baking impulses due primarily to an insanely busy schedule and the fact that my landlord wouldn’t fix my stupid oven. now that i live in a nicer apartment with a working oven and a kitchen with sunny windows and an awesome yellow vintage table, baking is all i do!

mastering basic baking has been easy. my newest challenge has become vegan baking- making sure taste and texture aren’t compromised. am i a vegan? absolutely not. i have no food morals, although i do try to avoid meat and dairy

i feel odd blogging about doing something that seems so natural to me, but a lot of people have started to show interest in what i consider a hobby i really love. several people have suggested blogging, and a few have even suggested hawking my baked goods… we’ll see ;) in the meantime, i suppose my goal here is just to share the baking i do with my friends and anyone else who’s interested. which is half the fun of baking- sharing a finished product


all my recipes are simple. all my recipes are delicious. you have my blessing in trying to mimic them! so stayed tuned for photos and recipes that will totally make you drool

No comments:

Post a Comment